Where Our Mission Meets Your Calling
Nationwide, there's a growing demand for educated and compassionate palliative care providers. We're meeting that need by providing post-graduate fellowships for nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
The mission of our Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program is to grow the clinical, academic and patient experience skills you'll need to succeed as part of the next generation of APPs in AdventHealth. In our fellowship, you'll complete a dedicated year of training and education to prepare for a palliative medicine practice.
Grow Your Skills in Palliative Medicine
Palliative Care is a medical specialty focused on maximizing quality of life through the relief of symptoms during all stages of a serious illness. It is appropriate at any age and can be provided along with curative and life-prolonging treatment. Providers can help treat symptoms like pain, constipation, nausea, dyspnea and anxiety while also assisting in ensuring goals of care for patients and families align with medical treatment.
In our postgraduate fellowship program, you’ll gain:
- Knowledge in the assessment and management of complex pain-related and non-pain-related symptoms at a sub-specialty level
- A deeper understanding of the complex interaction between serious medical illness and each patient’s goals
- Practice performing spiritual, psychosocial and cultural assessments with referrals to appropriate interdisciplinary members
- Clinical exposure in hospice, oncology and end-stage conditions
- Weekly didactics with physician fellows and one-on-one supervision
- Varied rotations at AdventHealth hospitals in the Orlando area
Upon completion of the program, fellows will receive a certificate documenting successful completion and will have the skills and knowledge to successfully pass the Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative practitioner examination.
About Our Program
Learn about our fellowship program below and see more details in our Program Manual.
- Curriculum (Continued)
- Fellowship Rotations
- Preceptors and Mentorship
- Completion of Fellowship
- Important Dates
- Interview Process
Meet Our Program Team
With a wealth of knowledge and combined decades of experience, our fellowship program team is dedicated to helping you grow your career in palliative medicine.